Saturday, May 18, 2013

Apparently anything goes

All kinds of funky things are happening recently.  Not the kind of things that throw me into relapse panic (it hasn't been a full month since my last), just funky things.  It seems lately like every odd, quirky, interesting, "well that was strange", thing that happens to me boils down to MS.

It never ceases to amaze me how this disease can affect every part of my body, yet the only thing actually wrong with me (test wise) is my brain... and a bit of my spine.  I always figured if my arm hurts, something's wrong with my arm.  If my sight is blurred, something is wrong with my eye.  You get the point.  Apparently, that is no longer the case at all.

New strange stuff...

I have this spot on the side of my upper right thigh that gets hot.  Really, really, hot!  Not to the touch though (I had my boyfriend feel it) but it is definitely freakin' hot!  It last a short time and goes away.  This started a few days ago and happens quite a bit in a day.

I heard, yes, heard, a vibration in my right ear.  It got louder and louder and louder to the point that I did enter the realm of panic.  I could do nothing for the few minutes it lasted.  Then, it just stopped.  Just like that.  Weird.

Restless legs.  Okay, these are driving me absolutely bat shit.  When I'm driving I have to kick off the shoe that is on the leg I'm not using and actually kick that leg constantly and at one point even had it crossed over the one that was trying to operate a vehicle.  The one driving just had to suck it up so I didn't kill anyone.  I have a 2 hour commute most days and this has become hell.  Sitting on a couch can only happen for 20 minutes or so max before I go bonkers trying to ignore the crawling feeling shooting up and down both legs and have to jump up and walk it off. 

And finally, my absolute favourite...I have spiders crawling on my forehead.  I'm serious here.  Okay, no, there aren't really spiders.  Man, I'm telling you though, I swear they're there sometimes.  I'm watching tv, minding my own business and along they come.  They crawl out from my hairline and down onto my forehead and then start to party.  I jump, brush the imaginary buggers away, and back they come.  Please someone explain this one to me.

The thing that get's me about all these things is they are all related to MS.  I even googled sensation of spiders on skin and low and behold, there it was, commonly experienced by people with MS.  Get out of here!!!!  The ear thing, apparently not so common, but it's got to do with a muscle spasing out by my ear drum and "sometimes experienced by those suffering from multiple sclerosis".  Hot spots...MS.  Restless legs...MS.

I try not to look up too much info anymore on this disease because I have had enough with scaring myself but I do look up what I experience.  I do this because I need to know I haven't lost all my marbles...yet.  I am still shocked every time to find out that, yes, that applies to MS.

I guess it makes sense, if you have a disease that messes up how your brain sends messages to your body then it really could make it feel anything.  I read where one woman said it felt like someone was tearing off her toenails.  Her neuro said she just had to remember that they "weren't really".  Comforting? Not really.  I hope no one tears off my toenails anytime soon, I'd rather deal with the spiders.

No comments:

Post a Comment